Therapia was established in 2003 by Alex Gwinnell BA (Open) MFHT, a highly-qualified, clinical complementary therapist. She specialises in working with pregnant women, and clients with chronic conditions such as breast cancer, lymphoedema and ME (chronic fatigue syndrome).
Alex is a highly-qualified practitioner of specialisms such as Maternity Reflexology and Lymphatic Drainage Massage, and practices these alongside the more traditional therapies, such as: Reflexology; Massage; Indian Head Massage; Mind and Body Therapy for Stress; and, relaxation therapies for general wellbeing.
With a degree in Human Biology and Psychology, she is well placed to understand her clients’ physical and emotional needs, providing completely personalised holistic treatments.
Treatments are provided in your own home (within the Bromley borough and Sevenoaks) or in one of her Kent clinics in Biggin Hill, Bexley Village, or Sittingbourne.
- BA (Open) in Human Biology and Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Jennifer Young Oncology Massage
- ITEC Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Body Massage
- IIHHT in Reflexology and Indian Head Massage
- British School of Complementary Therapy Certificate in Muscular Stress Release Techniques
- Essential Training Certificate in Chilton Advanced Massage Programme
- Stress Solutions Certificate in Japanese Facial Massage
- Body Basics Certificate in Massage in Pregnancy and Labour
- Body Basics Certificate in Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Expectancy Certificate for Caring for Pregnant Clients
- Certificate in Mind and Body Therapy
- Expectancy Certificate in Anatomy and Physiology in Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Certificate in Reflexology Lymphatic Drainage
- Expectancy Certificate in Reflexology for Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Essential Training Solutions Level 3 Diploma in Pathology